If the assignment permits revision, it:
- must be done with "show changes" so I can see the changes you made (see help for MS Word, Pages for Mac, or Google Docs; if the later, remember to give me permission to see and comment).
- must be appended by a changelog explaining how you improved based on the original feedback. The changelog must be structured according to the assessment rubric and include specific references to the rubric and writing handout.
- must be emailed to me as a single document (revision and changelog appendix) within one week of the return of an assignment.
I am (essentially) assessing the changelog, and I (roughly) average the old and new grade, typically resulting in a one increment increase over the original grade (e.g., B to B+, or B- to a C+ if the revision is done poorly).
- I now include analysis of the keys concepts of Concept3 and Concept4.
- Instead of mentioning them in passing, I now explain Concept1 in my own words and include a nice quote for the definition of Concept2.
- I've replaced my example for the concept Concept1 with the better example of Example2.
- I've consulted my writing style manual and your writing feedback handout to fix the following:
- added appropriate framing to the introduction and conclusion;
- cleaned up verbose sentences;
- corrected shifts in tense;
- correct placement of punctuation and citations associated with quotations;