Ecommerce Protocol References
Joseph M. Reagle Jr.
Open Market, Inc.
PAPERS DESCRIBING THE OPERATION OF ELECTRONIC COMMERCE PROTOCOLS
Papers describing NetCash
- Gennady Medvinsky and B. Clifford Neuman. NetCash: A design for
practical electronic currency on the Internet. In Proceedings
of 1st the ACM Conference on Computer and Communication
Security November 1993.
- Gennady Medvinsky and B. Clifford Neuman.
Electronic Currency for the Internet,
3(9/10):23-24, October 1993 (invited). Also appeared in
Connexions 8(6):19-23, June 1994.
Papers describing NetCheque
- B. Clifford Neuman and Gennady Medvinsky. Requirements for
Network Payment: The NetCheque Perspective In Proceedings of
IEEE COMPCON'95. March 1995.
- B. Clifford Neuman. Proxy-Based Authorization and Accounting for
Distributed Systems. In Proceedings of the 13th International
Conference on Distributed Computing Systems, pages 283-291, May 1993.
Papers on related topics to Netcash and Netcheque
- Charlie Lai, Gennady Medvinsky, and B. Clifford Neuman.
Endorsements, Licensing, and Insurance for Distributed System
Services, In Proceedings of 2nd the ACM Conference on Computer
and Communication Security November 1994.
MORE ON ELECTRONIC PAYMENT AND PRIVACY PROTOCOLS
Some of the Files and html Citations are taken from
- Mihir Bellare, Juan A. Garay, Ralf Hauser, Amir Herzberg,
Hugo Krawczyk, Michael Steiner, Gene Tsudik, Michael Waidner: iKP A
Family of Secure Electronic Payment Protocols; IBM T.J. Watson
Research Centre and IBM Zürich Research Lab, Draft, March
Jean-Paul Boly et.al.
: The ESPRIT Project CAFE - High
Security Digital Payment Systems; ESORICS '94, LNCS 875,
Springer-Verlag, Berlin 1994, 217-230. see also
- David Chaum: Achieving Electronic
Privacy; Scientific American, August 1992, 96-101. David Chaum:
Privacy Protected Payments; SMARTCARD 2000, North-Holland, Amsterdam
- Semyon Dukach.
SNPP: A Simple
Network Payment Protocol; Computer Security Applications
- David K. Gifford, Lawrence C. Stewart, Andrew C. Payne,
G. Winfield Treese: Payment Switches for Open Networks; IEEE COMPCON,
Kristol, Low, Maxemchuk.
Anonymous Internet Mercantile Protocol.
This paper describes how the ACC system might be adapted for
use on the Internet to pay for information services.
- Steven H. Low, Nicholas F. Maxemchuk, Sanjoy Paul: Anonymous
Credit Cards; 2nd ACM Conference on Computer and Communication
Security, Fairfax 1994.
Low, Maxemchuk, Paul.
Anonymous Credit Cards (ACC).
This paper describes the basic mechanism.
Low, Maxemchuk, Paul.
Anonymous Credit Cards and its Collusion Analysis
This paper describes the ACC protocol in terms of simple
building blocks and standard cryptographic techniques.
It also presents a systematic way to determine the set
of participants that must collude for private information
to be revealed.
The Use of Communications Networks to Increase Personal Privacy.
Communication networks make it possible to bring information together,
but they also make it possible to separate and hide information.
Dispursing the information enhances privacy by forcing multiple
parties to collude to compile a dossier.
- Clifford Neuman, Gennady Medvinsky.
Requirements for Network
Payment: The NetCheque Perspective; IEEE COMPCON, March 95.
- Marvin Sirbu, J. D. Tygar.
NetBill: An Internet Commerce System;
IEEE COMPCON, March 95.
DOCUMENT MARKING AND ELECTRONIC PUBLISHING
Copyright protection is a key concern of publishers seeking to
use computer networks to distribute their publications.
These papers describe current research on document marking
and identification techniques
used to discourage the illicit copying of
documents distributed in either paper or electronic form.
Marking and Identification Techniques to Discourage Document Copying.
Brassil, Low, Maxemchuk & O'Gorman.
Hiding Information in Document Images,
Document Marking and Identification using both Line and Word Shifting.
Low, Maxemchuk, Brassil, O'Gorman.
Protection for Electronic Publishing over Computer Networks.
Choudhury, Maxemchuk, Paul, Schulzrinne.
Electronic Document Distribution.
Appeared in AT&T Technical Journal, Sept., 1994, pp.73-80.
- Richard Rolfe: Here Comes Electronic Cash; Credit Card Management
Europe, January/February 1994, 16-20.
True eCash Schemes
- "Achieving Electronic Privacy ," D. Chaum, (invited) Scientific American, August 1992, pp. 96-101
- "Security without identification: card computers to make big brother obsolete," D. Chaum
- "Prepaid Smart Card Techniques. A Brief Introduction and Comparison.", D. Chaum, 1993.
- "Online Cash Checks",
D. Chaum, Advances in Cryptology - EUROCRYPT '89, pp. 288-293.
- DigiCash publications - achieving electronic privacy
- DigiCash publications - Big brother
- DigiCash publications - prepaid smart card techniques
- DigiCash publications - online cash checks