"A" students have all of the following attributes, they:
- show mastery in assignments. Their work demonstrates impressive understanding of readings, discussions, themes and ideas. It is fluid, clear, analytical, well-organized and grammatically polished. Reasoning and logic are well-grounded and examples precise.
- have virtually perfect attendance. Their commitment to the class resembles that of the teacher.
- are prepared for class. They always read assignments and participate fully. Their attention to detail is such that they occasionally catch the teacher in a mistake.
- show interest in the class. They look up or dig out what they don't understand. They often ask interesting questions or make thoughtful comments.
- have retentive minds. They are able to connect past learning with the present.
- have a winning attitude. They have the determination, initiative and self-discipline to succeed.
Please see the complete rubric for other performance levels and for writing and participation.